Donor Advised Fund at Berkeley
- With a gift to Berkeley of cash, securities, or property, you can create a donor advised fund.
- Make annual fund distribution recommendations to support programs at Berkeley, as well as other charities.
- After your lifetime, all or a portion of the remaining assets pass to Berkeley.
- Streamline your gift planning by using your fund as the primary source of your charitable giving.
- Get an immediate income tax charitable deduction based on the full fair market value of the assets and avoid capital gains tax.
- Maximize your tax benefits by making gifts to your fund at any time without having to recommend distributions until you're ready.
- Your fund assets grow tax-free, are professionally managed, and are invested in institutional-quality no-load mutual funds.
- We administer the fund, make the distributions in the fund's name, and provide you with all necessary tax-reporting information.
- You can add to the fund at any time.
*For appreciated assests suchs as stocks/bonds and real estate held more than one year
For more in-depth information, please call one of our experts at 510-642-6300.