Charitable Lead Trust
- You transfer cash, securities, and/or real estate to a trust.
- Every year for a set number of years (or for your lifetime) Berkeley receives either a fixed dollar amount or a fixed percentage of the trust asset value.
- Upon trust termination, the remaining assets pass to your family members or other loved ones.
- You receive an immediate gift tax deduction for the present value of the income stream to Berkeley. This deduction enables you to transfer assets to family members or other loved ones at a reduced transfer tax value.
- The appreciation in the trust asset value occurs outside of your estate and is thus transferred to your beneficiaries free of gift tax.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift that we can use now while ultimately retaining the assets for the benefit of your family or other loved ones.
For more in-depth information, please call one of our experts at 800-200-0575.