Donor Designated Fund
How it works:
- Create a donor designated fund with a gift to Berkeley of $100,000 or more in cash, securities, or other property.
- Make annual fund distribution recommendations to support programs at Berkeley that are important to you.
How you Benefit:
- Your fund can simplify and streamline your charitable giving to Berkeley by serving as the primary source for your gifts to Berkeley.
- Get an immediate income tax deduction based on the full fair market value of the assets and avoid capital gains tax.
- You can make gifts to your fund at the time that optimizes your tax benefits without having to make distribution recommendations at that time.
- The fund assets grow tax-free, are professionally managed, and are invested in institutional-quality no-load mutual funds.
- We administer the fund, make the distributions in the fund’s name, and provide you with all necessary information for tax reporting.
- You can add to the fund at anytime.
For more in-depth information, please call one of our experts at 800-200-0575.